Aloo Paratha :- Popular North Indian Breakfast
- Four boiled potatoes
- Coriander leaves(finely chopped)
- Green chilly : 3-4(finely chopped)
- Whole-wheat flour (Atta)
- Cumin seeds
- Add salt to the atta, combine, slowly add water to form a soft yet slightly firm dough.Let it rest for 10 minutes.Get the stuffing ready in the mean time.
- For the stuffing combine mashed potato,green chillies,salt,cumin seeds & coriander leaves.
- Pinch a large lemon sized ball of dough and roll to form a 3″ diameter circle. Place some stuffing and take the edges of the dough and cover the stuffing. Prepare with rest of dough.
- Dust the working surface with some atta and roll out the stuffed dough to form 5″-6″ diameter circles.
- Heat a iron pan and place the paratha and let it cook for 15-20 secs. Flip the paratha and let it cook for a few more secs. Once light brown spots appear, drizzle some oil or ghee and roast to a golden shade on both sides. Use a spatula to press the puffed areas as the paratha gets roasted.
- Serve hot with butter,chutney or lessi or curry of your choice.